Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

Lots of rain and challenge this week, sprinkled with some great moments. Here are photos of our Bak Ku dinner, thumb wrestling, bike riding, wading through the street, and two fine young men starting a great adventure.

A quick story: I was asked to go pick up a young missionary from a clinic in a part of town unknown to me. After wandering the back streets of that neighborhood, I called back to our admin assistant, Tay, to see if he could help me. When realizing that my description of the neighborhood wasn't matching where I was supposed to be, he asked, "Are there any people around you?" I responded with, "Of course, there's always people on these streets", he said, "Stop and give your phone to one of them." I immediately pulled over to the curb, got out of the van, and handed my phone to a very-surprized man sitting at a cafe table. After a few moments of conversation, he handed the phone back to me and gestured, "Follow me!" He hopped on his moto, I followed, and it wasn't long before he started pointing at my destination. When he saw that I pulled into the parking lot, he waved and rode off. That's my moto GPS story.

Hope everything is well with you and yours.

Much love to all,

The Snyders